Say HELLO to my golden browned crusted and soft inside baked sweet potato wedges!They are little spice bombs loaded with a pinch of hot paprika and frehsly ground pepper along with some sea salt dipped in 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil. Yes it HAPPPENED , I had this for my lunch with no guilt and satisfied my carb cravings while am mischeivously doing a low carb diet to shed those LOT LOT extra pounds from my body, No I did not gain weight by eating the food made from SIRISFOOD kitchen but its the hectic work schedule with less or ZERO exercise and the uneven timings of food intake made me realise that I have almost blown up like a birthday balloon which might burst anytime. Okay thats another guilt story , come back again later for it but for now let me make you familiar with these little spicy things that made my life so easy in the lonely afternoon yesterday. I had no drop of energy to cook a wholsome meal just for myself so I went and baked a large sweet potato for my lunch, I paired it up with a mash of avacoado thats seasoned with lots of freshly chopped coriander and a dash of lelon juice, HERE you go a complete meal was ready in just less than 20 min which satisfied the glutton in me!
My humble potato , who on earth can separate YOU and ME?
Spicy sweet Potato wedges recipe – These wedges are a spicier version of English wedges and with a hint of spices. I used sweet potato instead of normal potatoes, the same recipe can be followed with normal potatoes.The traditional method of making these potato wedges is to deep fry them but I went a bit calorie conscious and baked them to perfection in my oven.If you dont have oven go ahead and deep fry them in oil but make sure to drain them with lot of tissues so to remove any excess oil, it works! Whenever I take chips are hash browns I simple squueze then lightly in between a couple of tissues to remove any excess fat. I feel so good to see the oil that soaks up the tissues 🙂
You could even marinate these with any sauces like peri peri or chipotle sauces 30 min before making them, the sauces given them a unique taste to the wedges, I prefer wedges to French fries as my taste buds feel them closer to my Indian cuisine rather than the bland taste of fries, these are to be served hot to enjoy them to the fullest.
Do you know that sweet potatoes are your best friends in your weight loss journey? they are a powerful pack of nutritional punch, it can offer you enough fibre and potassium .These are also a great source of beta-carotene and vitamin A, these kinds of food reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.Make sure you don’t peel off the skin, it has significant amounts of fibre, WASH IT WELL and you are good to go!
Step by step Potato Wedges Recipe
1. Wash the potatoes well under running tap water to remove all the dirt. Root vegetables contain lots of dirt so enough care should be taken while washing them.
2. Slice them into inch size wedges.Make sure you don’t cut into very big pieces so you get the deep crust.
4.Add the wedges in to this spice mixture and coat them well on all sides.est them for 5 minutes at least,
5. Pre-heat the oven to max temperature.Line a baking tray with foil paper and place the wedges. Drizzle some oil and bake them to golden brown for at-least 30 min until a nice crust is formed.Turn them in between to make sure they are cooked evenly.
You might want to try these baked baby potatoes too.
- 2 Big Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Paprika or red chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon oilive oil or normal cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped corainder
- Pre-heat the oven to high temperature atleast until 20 mins.
- Wash the sweet potatoes under running tap water to remove all the dirt. Always extra care should be taken to wash the root vegetables to remove compete dirt.
- Wipe them with a dry cloth and slice into wedges or any other shape you like.
- Take a bowl and add paprika or red chilli powder, pepper and salt. Mix well and add oil.with a spoon mix the oil and spice powders.Add the wedges and toss them well untill all spices powders and oil get incorporated well into them.
- Line a baking tray with foil and drizzle some oil over it.(this is purely optional)
- Place the wedges neatly on the lined baking tray and and bake them until 30 min by turning them in between.
- Sprinkle lots of corainder before serving hot.Serve them with peri peri sauce or your fav dip
Oven temperatures may vary to company and i got my fav crusted wedges in 30 min leaving them soft inside. But if you want more cirispy crust go ahead and increase the baking time to 40 or 45 minutes by flipping the wedges in between.
I made my own healthy dip with mashed avacado.