Life is super busy right now ..Its summer time in London, days are long so as my schedule. Its the fragrance of freshness everywhere. I am hitting my local park every day to take my little puppy for a energetic walk, I see little flowers everywhere blooming in the grass and babies running around and doggies jumping all over..Its such a fun that summer brings along with it. This summer also motivated me to fix on a weight loss goal.Am not set with only keeping a goal and started working on it with loads of great determination. Yeah now you know why am not posting any cake recipes these days as am making them too less frequent! And of course am not even a good fan of cakes anyways!But eating cake now and then is perfectly al-right and when it is made at home..more perfaaaaaaaaaactly alright <3
Including lots of fruits and vegetables in your baking can be a wise choice to match your everyday fitness goals.When you wanna eat a good sized cupcake why not blend some avacados and add it instead of using whole amount of butter suggested? C’mon its just not going for any bake off competition and the texture you get is good enough to keep your healthy and fit.Like wise instead of adding 100gms of chocolate chips,we can add goji berries , prunes, almonds etc.Ok enough of my fitness tips here! Let’s move on to summer again!
While I like the concept of long days in summer, the other things I love are the colours of food and people that are visible on the markets! Fresh juicy berries,fragrant flowers and beautiful summer dresses..It’s definitely worth to bear the bitter coldness of winter to enjoy this true heaven. I have fallen in love with these little in-door plants this summer and here are few snapshots for you:)
Now you see that am spending less time in kitchen and enjoying every fragrant moment of summer. Ah now I can’t stop telling you the goodness of this fragrant Vanilla essence that I used in my recent bakes.Its the Nielsen Massey Vanilla extract am talking about, I have got some cheaper ones(as big as a coke can) for less than 2 GBP in my local grocery shop and I must admit that it’s not even worth for a penny,Go for Nielsen Massey, the amount you spend will be purely justified!This Victoria sponge cake recipe called for this vanilla extract which totally did justice for the cake.Not only it made the cake taste better it gave a good fragrance to the cake.Thanks to BakingMad for sending me the hamper! And what? This little fur-ball approved the taste too!(Don’t scroll down too much to not to miss the melting looks!)
Did not expect that summer will be this hot enough to melt my cream on the cake while I try to capture a decent shot!Licking good <3
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoon - milk
- For Filling
- Strawberries or even raspberries
- Double cream - 100 ml
- Pre-heat the oven to maximum available temperature.apply butter to the baking tins and sprinkle flour. tip of the excess flour.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl.Beat it to fluffy using a electric beater.Add one egg at a time beating in between to ensure it gets mixed well with butter.
- Add in vanilla extract and sifted flour.No beating at this point. Just gently fold in the batter using a spatula until mixed well.Add in milk and mix it well again,
- Pour the batter into two equal sized tins and bake it until 20-30 min checking in between.
- Test the middle part of the cake by inserting a wooden skewer so it comes back clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down on a rack.
- Take cream into a bowl and start beating it with electric beater, it will turn creamy in no- time.Make sure not to overdo it else the cream consistency will become thinner and melt in no time.
- Once the cake is cooled, arrange one cake on a serving plate and add a dash of whipped up cream, place plenty of halved strawberries and cover it with another cake, sprinkle some powdered sugar and decorate with strawberry halves again.
- I had to trim off my cake edges as it became a little bit dark brown on the edges, also my cream started melting while I tried numerous shots with no satisfaction left of-course at the end 🙂 any ways the cake is super soft and delicious than it looked in the pictures